This position is a key contributor to the long-term strategy and success of the company. The incumbent will be responsible to oversee operational effectiveness of
the business unit by leading the team members towards achieving operational success, positively influencing customer satisfaction and ensuring financial profitability.
He/she must possess adequate management experience in leading medium to large size teams, demonstrate a thorough understanding of ground transportation, logistics and fleet management, and must have the ability to forge close relationships with key stakeholders.
1. Maintain and/or exceed minimum standards of customer service while continuing to enhance the services offered to encourage return of business.
2. Listen and prompt the customer to communicate their needs and requirements ensure that the service provided meets or exceeds customer expectations.
3. Provide advice to customers regarding rates and services and ensure accurate reservations are taken and logged into the system on a daily basis.
4. Convert customer inquiries into sales.
5. Be aware of any changes to products, services and policies. Organize vehicle deliveries and pick-ups.
6. Provide a consistent focus on teamwork, productivity and performance measurement.
7. Communicate with staff any changes to current products, services and policies.
8. Ensure staff can capably manage the branch in the absence of the Branch Manager.
1. Maintain high standards of vehicle presentation and safety.
2. Ensure that any vehicle not of immaculate standard is cleaned, serviced and/or repaired immediately.
3. Ensure the branch office, toilets and yard is clean and tidy at all times.
4. Display vehicles within the yard to maximize exposure.
5. Periodically review and assess the quality and detail of the branch operation and update signage when required.
1. Prepare accurate daily, weekly and monthly reports on agreed financial, operational branch and fleet performance measures.
2. Communicate promptly with Head Office regarding any queries and problems that may arise.
3. Follow set standards and procedures in the event of rental transactions involving incidents such as accidents, complaints and breakdowns. In particular, ensure all damage to vehicles is reported, excess collected, and Accident Report Forms completed and sent to Head Office.
4. Report and make recommendations to HO or the Regional Manager regarding improvements to your branch.
Vehicle maintenance and presentation:
1. Detail and service vehicles when Vehicle Service Agent/s is busy or unavailable; clean branch and yard; complete minor repairs to vehicles; ferry vehicles between branches.
2. Exercise adequate and regular control over rental agreements and supporting documents, processing and invoicing of these Agreements, and maintain close control over payments obtained following collection of vehicles.
3. Ensure that rental fleet of vehicles is in good condition by exercising close monitoring over licensing and registration requirements, insurance and verifying regularly the maintenance and servicing schedules to ensure that vehicles delivered are in perfect conditions and do not represent a risk to customers.
4. Ensure that all repairs are performed within the shortest possible delays and at the most competitive cost
· Diploma or Degree in any discipline
· Minimum 3 years of experience in relevant position
· Hardworking and able to work in a stressful environment
· Excellent attitudes and customer service skills
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Relevant exposure to and a sound understanding of an I.T Management System pertaining to car hire activities.
· Excellent Management skill.
· Excellent verbal and written communication in both English and French language.
· A Diploma in Management and/or Sales and/or logistics or any other relevant field
· Any qualification in automobile mechanic will constitute a definite advantage