1. Rental includes the following:
- Local taxes
- Road fee
- 24 Hour Road Assistance
- Additional Driver
- Free delivery and collection to all Hotels (for rentals of more than 5 days)
2. Rental excludes the following:
- Administrative fee for fines
- No show/Cancellation Charges
- Late return
- Bank charges for credit card processing at delivery
- Key and documents loss
- Delivery and Collection in Hotels/ Villas or Houses for rental less than 5 days rental
3. Delivery/ Drop off and documentation
At the time of filling up the contract, the customer must have his driving license, a valid passport and his credit card.
As for the drop off, the procedure is the same as the pick-up . The agent will have to evaluate in your presence the condition of the car including damages such as scratches and bumps. After signing the necessary documents, your contract will be closed.
Failure in respecting the procedures of the drop off, the renter will be liable for any damage incurred. Our company can hold your excess amount to any arising expenses if the procedures of the drop off is not respected as ordered by our agent.
4. Credit Card Policy
5. Delivery fee and collection fee
B. For delivery outside airport, there is an additional charge of 15 Euros applicable only for rental’s length of 3 to 5 days. The same charge is applicable for car collection outside airport.
C. For rental beyond 5 days, delivery and collection are both free at airport and outside airport (hotels /private accommodation).
6. Late Pick-ups / Early Drop-offs
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide refunds for unused time if a car is picked up late or dropped off early.
If you are unable to pick the car up at the agreed time and date, it is essential to contact us as soon as possible. If you do not, there is no guarantee that the car will still be available – and you will not be entitled to any refund. In case of late drop-off, a surcharge is applicable.
7. Daily Rate Calculations
If you, the renter, wish to extend the period of hire after picking the car up, or if you drop the car off later than stated on your eReceipt, such an extension will be charged at the local daily rate, which may be higher than the rates agreed with us at the time of booking.
8. Vehicle Group/Model
The car shown on your receipt is for guidance only and may be substituted for an alternative, similar or upgraded car (at no extra cost) at our option.
If, at time of pickup, it becomes impossible to provide your booked car as shown on your rental receipt due to breakdown or an accident or any other reason due to unforeseen circumstances, a similar or upgraded car will be provided by us.
If we are unable to provide either a similar or upgraded car, you will be offered a full refund. However, in such circumstances, we shall have no additionally liability in respect of any direct or indirect losses you may suffer as a result of such changes. In the event of a downgrade after your approval, a reimbursement will be applied.
9. Additional Drivers
- Baby Seat
- Booster seat
- Navigation system
11. Provision of Cars
We will not be held responsible for anyone driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs, causing damage, driving off-road or driving without due care and attention.
12. Booking Amendment
The insurance does in no way cover the following:
- Damage to the tires,
- Replacement keys
- Broken windows and side mirrors
- Damage to the underside, clutch and gear box, the inside of the car and the windshield due to driver`s carelessness
- Damage to engine due to lack of oil or filling the car with wrong fuel or careless driving
- Damage caused by a driver being influenced by alcohol or drugs
- Damage caused by an unauthorised driver
- Administration fees related to damage
- Theft of the car
- Stolen equipments inside the car (Ex: GPS, radio, etc...)
- Bank charges related to refund
- Any damage not reported to us
- Negligent driving or without due care and attention, including driving off-road and on un-tarmacked roads.
14. Insurance Waiver Charge
15. Cancellation Policy
More than 28 days: 100% of your deposit will be kept by us
Between 8 & 28 days: 100% of your deposit will be kept by us
7 days or less: 100% of your deposit will be kept by us
16. Vehicles images
17. Driving age and driver license requirements
- Driving license must be held for at least 1 year.
- Young driver surcharge applicable for driver age from 18-20 inclusive: 575.00 MUR per rental.
- Drivers of vehicles categories Prestige and Luxury must be aged 28 or over.
- In some cases if driving license is printed with non Roman alphabet (Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Cyrillic etc) an international driving license is required.
Please note: an international driving license/permit does not replace the requirement for a regular driving license. If using an international license/permit, a full driving license in the principal drivers name will still be mandatory in order to rent the vehicle.
18. Credit Card pre-Authorization
The excess charge depends on the type of car. The excess amounts for the following car group are as follows:
Economy car = €500; Compact car = €500; Midsized = €500, Standard = €600; MPV = €600; Pickup = €700; SUV = €700
The amount is being blocked(pre-authorised) on an international credit card in the name of the primary driver (cash deposits, MasterCard, VISA and AMEX are accepted). The blocked amount will be returned in full at the end of the rental provided the vehicle is returned in the same condition as rented. Please note that it may take 14 working days for the money to be restituted back by the bank.
19. Reparation charges
20. Exchange Rates
21. Out-of-Hours Service
22. Use of the car
23. Garaging, Parking, Theft & Injury
What to do at a ‘Hit and Run’ accident?
In case of a hit and run accident, it is important to gather as much information as you can. This will help the police to catch the driver who has hit you. Secondly, it will help our insurance company to make decisions about the claim. In case the hit and run accident is not proven, it can be considered as an attempt to defraud the insurance company.
Useful Information to gather at a hit and run accident could be the following:
• The license plate number of the other car
• Look around for any possible witnesses to the accident
• Take picture of the accident scene
• Time and location accident occurred
The above can help to get a claim back from the insurance company.
24. Mechanical Difficulties / Accidents
The Hirer moreover undertakes to obtain and submit to the owner the following elements by filling out the accident agreement form provided with the car:
(a) A full report rough plan of the scene of the accident showing the position of the car involved, with measurements;
(b) the names and addresses of the person involved in the accident;
(c) the name and addresses of the witnesses;
(d) The name and address of the third party’s insurance company. Insurance details may be obtained from windscreen of the car.
Keep copies of all relevant documentation you are asked to complete. This may be needed if you, the renter, wish to make a claim.
In the event that a car on rent reaches the mileage at which a routine service is due, the User undertakes to notify us and make that car available for such servicing to be carried out or for the car to be replaced.
26. Extension of Rental
27. Fuel Policy
(b) We do not refund for an excess of fuel.
(c) Missing fuel will be charged accordingly
28. Resolving an issue
Failing to inform management spontaneously of such issue(s), you will not be eligible for any refunds and/or if the complaints have been lodged after the drop-off of the vehicle rented.
In case we cannot resolve your complaint(s) during your rental after informing us, then we shall look forward to provide a refund for the loss of use or any other liabilities.
We accept no responsibility for and shall not be liable in respect of any loss, damage, alterations, delays or changes arising from civil strife, industrial disputes including air traffic control disputes, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions, unavoidable technical problems with transport, closure or congestion of airports or ferry ports, cancellation of scheduled flights or financial failure of airlines. Any and all disputes which may arise between Pingouin Car Hire and the Hirer shall fall under the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Mauritius. All judicial expenses will be beared by the hirer.