Office Administrators oversee the day-to-day functions concerning an office or business. They may manage administrative staff such as secretaries, assistants and office clerks, allowing their supervisors more time to carry out their managerial tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities
- File maintenance, Data processing and clerical.
- sort and distribute incoming mail to areas and staff within the organization and dispatch
- write business letters, reports or office memos using word processing programmes
answer telephone enquiries from customers, attend to visitors and assist other staff in
the organization with their enquiries
- operate a range of office machines such as photocopiers, computers and faxes
- undertake other duties such as banking, credit control or payroll functions.
- Sorting out the post
- Answering the phones
- Working with databases
Working with security organizations
- Managing inventory
- Working with invoices and receipts
- Minimizing office expenditure
Getting maintenance done on office equipment and machinery
- Managing holiday, sickness, attendance and absence records
- Enforcing office protocols
- Negotiating with suppliers and service providers
- First rate listening, grammar, numeracy, comprehension, presentation and communication skills: written and oral.
- Able to work as part of a team
- Utilising computer applications
- Preparing budgets, business documents and reports
- Being professional and punctual
- Following and executing company policies and objectives
- Being reasonable and dependable