Car rental reservation agents speak to customers over the phone and use computer systems to compile information for the customer’s reservation. The agent explains which cars and price options are available for the days the customer needs the vehicle and notes the customer’s choice in the computer.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Process and post payments.
- Select and confirm bookings.
- Maintain booking calendar and database.
- Maintain data; generate and format reports and other documents using a full range of computer software skills including spreadsheets, word processing, desktop publishing, database management, presentation software, etc. Clerical duties include such tasks as answering telephone, taking and delivering messages, setting up and maintaining files, sorting mail, preparing routine correspondence.
- Perform mathematical calculations and reconciliations manually and with a calculator.
- Record, organize, and file relevant information and data.
- Respond to public inquiries and complaints in an effective and tactful manner.
- Process payments, event set up requests, booking contracts, and supply orders by phone, mail, and electronically.
- Print, copy and coordinate distribution of documents, including various types of correspondence.
- Prioritize workloads and tasks, adhering to task schedule requirements while being faced with interruptions and distractions.
- Principles and techniques used in organizing, coordinating, and maintaining files and filing systems.
- Principles and techniques used in invoicing, recording and reconciling payments, and handling money in various forms.
- Scheduling, calendars and booking systems.
- Principles and techniques used in organizing, coordinating, and maintaining rental bookings.
- Computers and common software packages, including electronic communication devices and database records.
- Customer service techniques.